The Optima Batteries 8040-218 D35 YellowTop is a dual purpose battery designed for starting and deep cycling. With 650 cold cranking amps and a 98-minute reserve capacity, it’s a slightly less powerful, smaller battery than the 8016-103 D34M BlueTop or 8052-161 D31M.
Thanks to its weather-resistant performance and strong, vibration proofed exterior, this is one of the most durable batteries available. It’s 15 times more resistant than similar batteries, making it a great choice for use on your boat.
Weighing in at 36.4 pounds, the 8040-218 D35 YellowTop is about 35% lighter than the larger capacity 8052-161 D31M BlueTop. Its compact size (it’s less than 10 inches in length) makes it an excellent battery for smaller boats with limited space.
- Rated at 650 cold cranking amps, giving it enough power to start small and mid-sized outboard motors and other accessories.
- Dual purpose design that allows the 8040-218 D35 YellowTop to be used as either a starting or deep cycling battery.
- With a 98-minute reserve capacity, the 8040-218 D35 YellowTop provides enough power for use as a deep cycling battery, making it a good choice for smaller boats with trolling motors.
- The 8040-218 D35 YellowTop has the same thick plastic exterior as other Optima dual purpose batteries, giving it 15 times the level of vibration resistance as similar batteries from other brands.
- Because this battery uses SpiralCell technology with 99.99% pure lead cells, it has an extended lifespan and can last for twice as long as other batteries.
- Weighing in at just 36.4 pounds and measuring less than 10 inches in length, this is a light and small battery that’s easy to mount and store in boats with limited amounts of space.
Designed for smaller boats and vehicles where space is at a premium, the Optima Batteries 8040-218 D35 YellowTop delivers excellent performance in a compact form, measuring less than 10 inches from one end to the other and weighing less than 40 pounds.
By far the biggest advantage of this battery is its versatility. With 650 cold cranking amps, this battery has sufficient power to start most small to mid-sized outboard motors and accessories that require a moderate amount of energy.
It also has a 98-minute reserve capacity, which is very impressive for a battery with a small form factor. Although it won’t last as long as larger batteries, its reserve capacity makes it usable with a small trolling motor.
Like all Optima products that use AGM technology, the 8040-218 D35 YellowTop recharges very quickly. It also comes with an incredible 36-month warranty, giving you three years of coverage and free replacement if your battery is defective.
Like all AGM batteries, the 8040-218 D35 YellowTop can become damaged if overcharged or charged improperly. If you haven’t charged this type of battery before, it’s important to read the manual in detail to prevent damage to the battery and reducing its ability to hold a charge.
The 8040-218 D35 YellowTop is a compact group 35 battery that delivers excellent performance without the size or weight of larger batteries. If you need a reliable dual purpose battery for your small boat or car, the 8040-218 D35 YellowTop is a great product to choose.