The Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M is a 12-volt battery designed for both starting and deep cycling. With 750 cold cranking amps and vibration resistance, as well as a 120-minute reserve capacity, this is a high-quality battery that delivers excellent performance.
Weighing in at 43.5 lbs, the 8016-103 D34M is a mid-weight battery that offers performance ahead of many of its larger, heavier counterparts. This is a great battery for use on a boat or in your RV.
- Rated at 750 cold cranking amps, giving this battery more than enough power for use as a starter battery for boats and RVs. This battery delivers optimal power even in very cool weather, making it a very reliable backup battery.
- Thanks to its relatively lightweight and compact design, this battery is easy to mount in any position on your boat or in your RV.
- Designed to tolerate vibration without damaging the battery itself, with an exterior casing that’s 15 times more resistant to vibration than similar batteries from competing brands.
- With a reserve capacity of 120 minutes, this battery delivers consistent performance in most circumstances. Note that the reserve capacity will drain slightly faster if you draw an excessive amount of power from the battery.
- Sold with a two-year warranty, putting it right at the top of its class regarding care and customer support. If the battery has defects or quality issues that appear during the first two years of use, Optima batteries will provide a replacement free of charge.
The Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M is a highly versatile battery, with a 12-volt nominal voltage and a rating of 750 cold cranking amps and 870 cranking amps. This is a dual purpose battery designed for both starting and deep cycling.
One of the biggest advantages of this battery is its resistance to vibration. Optima uses a strong, durable case for this battery that’s strongly weather proofed, allowing it to perform on the coldest of days and tolerate significant amounts of vibration.
According to Optima, the 8016-103 D34M BlueTop can tolerate 15 times as much vibration as most batteries, giving it a significant advantage over other brands.
This battery an internal resistance of 0.0028 ohms, which is relatively low when compared to most marine batteries. It uses SpiralCell technology with individual spiral-wound lead cells — a feature that allows it to outperform many batteries of a similar size.
Since this is a dual purpose battery, it’s a good choice for starting and deep cycling. Its reserve capacity is an impressive 120 minutes, at 80°F and assuming a discharge of 25 amps. It’s quick to charge and reaches full capacity in six to 10 hours.
If you’re looking for a starting battery for your boat or RV, the 8016-103 D34M BlueTop is a good buy. It’s also an easy battery maintain, thanks to its use of AGM technology.
Like all batteries, the 8016-103 D34M BlueTop has both advantages and disadvantages. One of its few weaknesses is that its AGM technology (absorbent glass mat) means there is some risk of overcharging the battery due to the tight tolerances of the cell.
The Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M BlueTop is a versatile battery that you can use to start your boat or RV, or for deep cycling. With its 120 minute reserve capacity and durable design, this is an excellent starting and deep cycling battery that offers great value for money.