The Optima Batteries 8006-006 34M BlueTop is a mid-sized, powerful marine starting battery designed for use in small boats. With 800 cold cranking amps and a reserve capacity of 100 minutes, this battery excels at starting and powering motors and electrical equipment.
Like all Optima products, the 8006-006 34M BlueTop has a durable plastic exterior to protect it from bumps, scrapes, and damage. It’s also up to 15 times more resistant to vibration than other batteries in its class, making it an excellent long-term battery for your boat or vehicle.
At 38.4 pounds, the 8006-006 34M BlueTop is a relatively light battery that mounts easily in any part of your boat. It measures about 10 inches in length and just under eight inches tall, making it a mid-sized battery that doesn’t take up unnecessary space.
- As its name would suggest, the Optima Batteries 8006-006 34M BlueTop is designed for starting. With 800 cold cranking amps of starting power, this battery is more than enough to start most small to mid-sized outboard motors and vehicles in any weather.
- This is a starting battery that is not designed for deep cycle use. It provides 100 minutes of reserve capacity, giving it plenty of power for cranking and starting.
- Like other Optima products, the 8006-006 34M BlueTop uses SpiralCell technology for improved performance and up to three times as many recharges as similar batteries.
- This is a maintenance-free battery that requires no work, aside from charging it between uses.
- Housed in a thick, tough plastic casing like other Optima batteries, protecting it from the weather and giving it 15 times the level of vibration resistance of similar batteries from other manufacturers.
The Optima Batteries 8006-006 34M BlueTop is an excellent starting battery. It delivers 800 cold cranking amps and 1000 A marine cranking amps, giving it excellent performance even in frosty winter weather that would affect the performance of other batteries.
Since this is an AGM (absorbent glass mat) battery, it requires no maintenance. It also charges fairly quickly, reaching a full charge in six to 12 hours. If you’re looking for a battery that’s easy to care for, the 8006-006 34M BlueTop fits the bill.
Since this is a starting battery, it does an excellent job of starting outboard motors, cars, small trucks and RVs. It’s also a very good battery for powering electrical equipment on your boat or RV, ranging from navigation systems to appliances, electrical devices, and hi-fi systems.
Because of its thick plastic case and SpiralCell technology, this battery is extremely resilient and durable. Optima claims it’s 15 times as resistant to vibration as other batteries — a claim we feel confident in after seeing its exterior and checking its quality.
Finally, this battery has an excellent warranty. Optima guarantees that it will be defect-free for at least 24 months after purchase and will provide a free replacement service through Amazon for any damaged or defective batteries.
Since this is a starting battery, it doesn’t offer good deep cycling performance. If you need a dual purpose battery that can start and deep cycle, it’s best to pick up a dual purpose BlueTop (which comes in a light gray case) or a YellowTop battery.
Finally, because this battery uses AGM technology, it needs to be charged carefully to prevent accidental damage.
The Optima Batteries 8006-006 34M BlueTop is an excellent starting battery that will serve most boats, cars, and RVs well. Just make sure you also have a reliable dual purpose or deep cycling battery available if you need to power a trolling motor.