The Exide XMC-31 is a long lasting marine battery that works very well for both starting and deep cycling. With useful features like shock resistance and 200 minutes of reserve capacity, this is a high-quality battery that’s well worth its retail price.
It also comes with a 24-month free replacement warranty, which is a serious plus (and a rare feature) for a deep cycle battery. If you’re looking for a reliable battery that’s available at a fair price, the XMC-31 MEGACYCLE AGM-200 is a great buy.
- Rated at 925 cold cranking amps (CCA) at a temperature of 0°F and 1,110 CA at 32°F, ensuring this battery will perform well and deliver more than enough power at a normal temperature.
- Designed with a large container for acid, letting to charge faster and retain more power than similar batteries. This cuts down the amount of time required to charge this battery compared to alternative products.
- Manufactured with durability in mind using high-quality materials. This battery is built into a strong, durable exterior chassis made from thick plastic, with a design that can tolerate regular use.
- Designed for deep cycle use, with AGM technology that allows the battery to be drained and frequently recharged without affecting its maximum power. Despite this, it’s also an excellent starting battery.
- Engineered to tolerate vibration and regular knocks and bumps, with an AGM system to prevent the battery from drying out with use. Exide has clearly designed this battery for reliable, long term use.
- Sold with a 24-month free replacement warranty, which covers you for two years from the date of purchase. If the battery stops working, you can receive a free replacement from Exide.
The Exide XMC-31 MegaCycle AGM-200 is one of the most versatile batteries we’ve seen. This battery has impressive power rates of 925 CCA at 0°F and 1,110 CA at 32°F, putting it near the top of its category when it comes to performance.
One of this battery’s biggest strengths is its reserve capacity. It has a capacity of 200 minutes of regular use, making it great for trolling. It also charges quickly, letting you bring it back to its full capacity without a long wait.
This makes the MegaCycle AGM-200 an excellent deep cycle trolling motor battery. Since it can also work as a starter battery, it’s a great all-rounder. We’ve seen this battery used for a variety of purposes, from powering trolling motors to starting trucks and other heavy equipment.
Beyond its performance, this battery scores very highly. It has a rugged, durable exterior chassis that feels solid and resilient. The exterior seems to play a role in performance, as this battery is a very reliable performer even in freezing, sub-zero weather.
As well as keeping the battery protected, the thick exterior prevents vibration and other common environmental factors from affecting the battery itself. The MegaCycle AGM-200 is very resilient to vibration — up to fifteen times as resistant, according to Exide’s engineers.
Finally, the strongest point of this battery is Exide’s incredible two-year warranty. If this battery stops working within two years of the date you purchased it, Exide will replace it for free with a new, completely functional battery. As warranties go, this is one of the best we’ve heard of.
Like all Exide products, the XMC-31 MegaCycle AGM-200 isn’t exactly cheap. Other batteries that offer a similar power reserve can be found for slightly less, although there are subjective factors that can affect whether or not they truly offer “better” value for money.
Another minor downside of this battery is that it’s often held as stock for a long time, with some customers reporting that they received four to six-month-old batteries when they ordered. While this isn’t an issue with the product per se (and it seems to be less common today), it’s still worth knowing about.
Since this battery is sold via Amazon, it’s easy to return it for a replacement if you receive a unit that’s slightly older and less capable of holding its charge.
All in all, the Exide XMC-31 MegaCycle AGM-200 is a high-quality battery that you can use for deep cycling and start. With its durable exterior chassis and excellent two-year warranty, it’s one of the most reliable options on the market if you need a starter and deep cycle battery.